Interview with Archbishop Justin
Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby was interviewed by Faith2Share member Church Mission Society member Church Mission... Read More >>>
Every church that does not do mission must close
The recent Francophone Africa Consultation (CRAF 2017) provided ample evidence that God is challenging the church to commit herself more deeply to... Read More >>>
Doctors’ strike in Kenya ended through church arbitration
Kenya’s health system was paralysed by a 100-day strike by doctors over pay and conditions. The government was unable to resolve the dispute and... Read More >>>
Gift of Life Empowers Kurdish Christians
Working against a backdrop of civil unrest and religious persecution, a team of Bible translators has completed the first ever... Read More >>>
Mahabba Network International helps everyday Christians engage positively with Muslims, by facilitating opportunities to pray, increase understanding of Muslims and Islam and get equipped to share Jesus with Muslims locally.
WHAT IS OUR VISION?
• Our vision is to see networks of churches and Christians partnering together locally to reach out with love to their Muslim neighbours.
• We also want to see large numbers of Muslim people having an encounter with Jesus, becoming followers, and either joining local fellowships, or starting new movements of church growth.
WHAT IS OUR MISSION STATEMENT? - “MOTIVATING, MOBILISING, MENTORING, MULTIPLYING”
• To Motivate and Mobilise ordinary Christians to love their Muslim neighbours in word and deed
• To help churches to Mentor and Multiply dynamic communities of disciples
WHAT ARE OUR AIMS?
• To break the fear of Islam and equip people to love Muslims, and know how to befriend them.
• To teach people to differentiate between Islam, as a Religion, and precious Muslims as people.
• To impart faith that Christians don’t need to be “specialists” to introduce Jesus to Muslim people.
• To care for Muslims who wish to follow Jesus, and equip churches to disciple them.
• To equip Muslim Background Believers to reach their immediate friends and family community.
HOW DOES MAHABBA BENEFIT LOCAL CHURCH MEMBERS?
• Increases their passion for prayer, and love and concern for local and global Muslim people
• Equips them with an awareness of Islam, and the ability to befriend and reach out to Muslims
• Strengthens their own ministry and networks them with others with a similar passion
• Enables them to work with others across the locality to do joint outreach
WHAT DOES MAHABBA OFFER IN AN AREA OR CITY?
• Support from a Regional Mahabba Facilitator
• Networking with other local Church Leaders
• Help in starting a united Prayer Movement
• Equipping with different Resources
• Connecting with the wider Mahabba Network
• Giving access to the Online Mahabba Community
• Advice in discipleship of Believers and Church Planting
WHAT ARE THE CORE VALUES (THE DNA) OF MAHABBA?
• Persistent prayer
• Love for Muslim people
• Ordinary Christians, resourced by specialists
• Championed by church leaders in unity
• Growing believers